Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Muse is missing

Ok,
Got up this morning with all intentions of working on something new. I sat down at the computer, put my hands to the keyboard and began to type. Problem is what came out was so not what I was hoping for.
I'd lost my muse. Funny thing about that damn muse it changes daily and I never know when it will hit me. I checked everywhere for the little bastard. Went through all my files of inspirational men. Looked up those naked hotties on the french rugby team. But got nothing, nada, zilch. I sat and stared at the screen silently screaming for something to take root and start talking.
Its three in the afternoon and I have been here for three freaking hours, I bet the little bastard is whacking off somewhere but hell if I can find him.
So while Violet is hard at work on Binding Ben I sit here complaining about finding my muse. At this point I just wanna punch him in the face and kick his ass out. But I can't because the muse is what keeps my imagination running wild, it gives me the most amazing ideas and stories. The characters and scenes are unbelievable. SO as much as I would like to hunt him down and do him serious bodily harm I won't.
I will instead wait until he again whispers in my ear the first word of my next sentence. I am at the mercy of the unseen force I have labeled male, because only a male presence could cause me so much frustration, such a lack in my ability to continue. Making me second guess myself until I'm ready to cry. Only a male could make me write the romance and sex of many a woman's dreams. Dare me, challange me to continue and prove it wrong. My bane and my hope. My nightmare and my dream.
So where ever you are you little bastard, I'll be here waiting on your lazy ass to get in together. MEN!
Sierra

No comments: